Topic: Increase Log Duration of Sent/Received Mails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (1.6.1 + iredAdmin MariaDb ):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? (NO)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Y
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
I need to increase log duration of System > mail logs > Sent/Received Mails

I found this old thread from 2015 and I'd like to know if its content is still up to date:
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic8843-in … ation.html

I opened the script /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py and I saw that config seems to be read from database. I found those settings into iredadmin.settings.

and I finally found these settings editable from UI at the bottom of the page: System > settings

Can you please confirm that using UI is the new intended way for changing duration?

In such case I'd suggest to update the documentation, I spent some time to figure out how to do this.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Increase Log Duration of Sent/Received Mails

performize wrote:

Can you please confirm that using UI is the new intended way for changing duration?

It's ok. Just use the iRedAdmin-Pro web UI to configure it.

To be more clear: iRedAdmin-Pro reads the settings in /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py first, and override them with settings stored in SQL db.