Topic: New sync problems thread

Hi, I'm seeing behavior and I'm not sure where to look further. Not saying this is a bug, and it may be some settings item I need to adjust.

I have a server, it runs one mailbox, mine while I've been testing for a few months... its running a somewhat older version of Iredmail, so if that's the issue, i'm happy to update. Just need a "hey, that's a known fixed issue."

I'm building a newer, bigger, more modern unit now, but i don't want to move a few hundred mailboxes over before I track this down.

I have four views of this one mailbox. In theory, they all store/are accessible via dovecot from the same set of data, so the inconsistencies are confusiing... as described below.

Roundcube, SOGO, IOS (Activesync) and Outlook (Activesync).

In Roundcube and SOGO I had a few thousand messages from a month or two ago.... that don't show up in Outlook/IOS. Delete them in SOGO or Roundcube, they both see the deletions. Ok. Since Outlook/IOS is set to pick up all mail, can't figure out why it never saw these emails... or their deletions, or anything... Wondering if SOGO is aborting the connection early, or something. I had to up the number of simultaneous connections even for just two clients, but didn't make any other adjustments.

I made the adjustments (https://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInst … activesync) for mailboxes with thousands of messages. I get thousands per day in this mailbox. (increased max packet in mysql  and word size in dovecot/imap config)

On Sogo and Outlook/IOS I have a nested folder 1/2/3... 3 doesn't show up in Roundcube..Not sure how to get to it.  In a separate folder... (1/4) I have two messages that I can see in SOGO, Outlook and IOS. I don't see them in Roundcube. I move a message to that folder in Roundcube... I see the new message in roundcube, but not SOGO/Outlook or IOS.

I'm sure its something like imap or activesync or something is aborting or running out of memory, or needs an adjustment but I don't know where to look and the log files aren't... intuitive about what the issue may be. I would like to say its Activesync, but between roundcube and sogo on the same server, I can't see how activesync would be involved. Dovecot doesn't seem to be logging anything helpful on this either.

Thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by danitaz 2023-03-20 23:37:30)

Re: New sync problems thread

fusionemail wrote:

In theory, they all store/are accessible via dovecot from the same set of data, so the inconsistencies are confusiing... as described below.

Roundcube, SOGO, IOS (Activesync) and Outlook (Activesync).

In Roundcube and SOGO I had a few thousand messages from a month or two ago.... that don't show up in Outlook/IOS. Delete them in SOGO or Roundcube, they both see the deletions. Ok. Since Outlook/IOS is set to pick up all mail, can't figure out why it never saw these emails... or their deletions, or anything... Wondering if SOGO is aborting the connection early, or something. I had to up the number of simultaneous connections even for just two clients, but didn't make any other adjustments.

I made the adjustments (https://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInst … activesync) for mailboxes with thousands of messages. I get thousands per day in this mailbox. (increased max packet in mysql  and word size in dovecot/imap config)

On Sogo and Outlook/IOS I have a nested folder 1/2/3... 3 doesn't show up in Roundcube..Not sure how to get to it.  In a separate folder... (1/4) I have two messages that I can see in SOGO, Outlook and IOS. I don't see them in Roundcube. I move a message to that folder in Roundcube... I see the new message in roundcube, but not SOGO/Outlook or IOS.

I'm sure its something like imap or activesync or something is aborting or running out of memory, or needs an adjustment but I don't know where to look and the log files aren't... intuitive about what the issue may be. I would like to say its Activesync, but between roundcube and sogo on the same server, I can't see how activesync would be involved. Dovecot doesn't seem to be logging anything helpful on this either.

Thanks in advance!

I am having issues with my iPhone.  If I delete messages on the iPhone, they stay in my mailbox on the iRedmail server.  So, yes, I see oddities in the sync too.  Using an IMAP4 client on my iPhone deletes the messages as intended though!

Danita

I was going to post to the SOGO group, because I didn't see any errors before... but as I was writing it... I saw that I'm exceeding the memory allocation for SOGO which makes sense based on what I'm seeing. I was set to 500MB and was getting killed at 1024MB. I moved the size up to 5G and hopefully that helps.

You may want to look at the memory size error (grep reached /var/log/sogo/sogo.log) to see if you are terminating on memory.

Is this the SxVMemLimit ?

5 (edited by danitaz 2023-03-21 20:57:51)

I changed the limit on my server, and have not received the memory error in the logs since, but I still do not get items deleted on the server when they are deleted from my phone.  I don't see any obvious errors in the log either.

ActiveSync only syncs emails in last 2-4 weeks.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

ActiveSync only syncs emails in last 2-4 weeks.

For me, these are items that are received today - I frequently check my email first on my phone in the morning, but then when I get to my desk, the deleted items are still there.  I have moved to an IMAP client on the phone for now, because it's doubling my time every morning.  So, I don't think this is the issue I'm seeing.

Danita

Sounds like a bug of SOGo itself, i suggest report this to SOGo team:
https://www.sogo.nu/support.html