Topic: How to change DKIM records

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

My domain name registar doesn't allow text fields long enough to hold the DKIM record generated by installing iredmail. Is there a way to generate a shorter key and have iredmail use it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to change DKIM records

motherfools wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

My domain name registar doesn't allow text fields long enough to hold the DKIM record generated by installing iredmail. Is there a way to generate a shorter key and have iredmail use it?

By default, iRedMail generate 2048 bit key for DKIM so you can generate 1024 bit key for DKIM and publish it through DNS

nafees29 wrote:
motherfools wrote:

By default, iRedMail generate 2048 bit key for DKIM so you can generate 1024 bit key for DKIM and publish it through DNS

I have encountered this issue several times in the past, and always found (after some searching) that there is somewhere a work-around or trick to get the long string into the DNS.

Who is your DNS provider? Have you asked them for their solution (after all, supporting such long strings is pretty much mandatory these days)?

evenmoreconfused wrote:
nafees29 wrote:
motherfools wrote:

I have encountered this issue several times in the past, and always found (after some searching) that there is somewhere a work-around or trick to get the long string into the DNS.

Who is your DNS provider? Have you asked them for their solution (after all, supporting such long strings is pretty much mandatory these days)?

I use dotyou.com/enom.com. I did ask and they say they can't support longer txt fields for DNS. I also found various tricks to enter longer strings but none worked with their system.