Topic: iRedMail refuses to accept email from video camera

I use iRedMail 1.6.2 MARIADB edition:

====
- Deployed with the downloadable installer
- Linux Debian 11.6/64
- Store mail accounts in which backend MySQL
- Web server Nginx
====

The IP video camera can send email over SSL to port 465.
So I set up iRedMail according to this guide:

Enable SMTP service (SMTP over SSL, port 465)
https: //docs.iredmail.org/enable.smtps.html

However, stubborn iRedMail refuses to accept mail from the video camera and demonstrates these lines in the logs:

Apr 14 23:00:08 mailserver postfix/smtps/smtpd[1653]: connect from unknown[192.168.1.44]
Apr 14 23:00:08 mailserver postfix/smtps/smtpd[1653]: SSL_accept error from unknown[192.168.1.44]: Connection reset by peer
Apr 14 23:00:08 mailserver postfix/smtps/smtpd[1653]: lost connection after CONNECT from unknown[192.168.1.44]
Apr 14 23:00:08 mailserver postfix/smtps/smtpd[1653]: disconnect from unknown[192.168.1.44] commands=0/0

I despaired of setting up stubborn iRedMail to work with an  video camera  sad
Why is this happening and how to persuade iRedMail to accept email?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by Cthulhu 2023-04-15 10:04:22)

Re: iRedMail refuses to accept email from video camera

That's not the problem of iredmail, thats a problem with the camera, it doesn't support any of the cipher lists which are required

just use a free mail relay for this single device, and don't touch iredmail

try out smtp2go.com for example

This situation looks somewhat different.
iRedMail during installation generates new complex configuration files  main.cf and master.cf
And in these files, many prohibitions are created on the use of SSL certificates of older versions. Therefore, it is iRedMail that is responsible for this problem.

It is necessary to somehow unblock these prohibitions, and then mail from the video camera will be accepted.
But I do not know how to do it. Can you tell me this?

Tip for use smtp2go.com unsuitable because I use private mail on a local network and it it shouldn 't be released to the Internet.

then use maybe https://www.lanmailserver.de/download.htm as a local relay if you only need to use it for a scanner

Thanks, but I don't have Windows. I only use Linux.