Topic: Manually Copying Messages Between Servers
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Die Apache Die!
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
Is it safe to manually move all a user's messages from one server to another?
Background: we have recently transitioned several domains from an old iRedMail server to a new one. Most user's mailboxes were successfully transferred (one-by-one, by choice, using imapsync), and then the domain was deleted on the old server (specifying to keep old messages forever).
Due to a misunderstanding, one of the users not transferred now wants their account to be moved. My understanding is that I can't use imapsync anymore because the domain is no longer active on the old server.
Is it safe to create an empty account on the new server and move that user's folder structure (from inside vmail) over using rsync? Or is there something else I need to do?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.