Topic: Restart iredapd - Docker

iRedMail version: 2021091301 (mariadb backend, dockerized edition)

Hello Team,

I'm attempting to set the greylisting training mode in /opt/iredapd/settings.py.

I understand that this requires a restart to the iredapd service after updating this setting. However, I do not see this service to be running.

My mail server sends/receives emails fine (outside of the greylisting issue).

Hoping to receive some advice from the team on how to proceed with enabling this.
I appreciate all that you guys do!

Thanks,
Wheaty

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Restart iredapd - Docker

Append this line in /opt/iredmail/custom/iredapd/settings.py, then restart "iredapd" service (or relaunch docker container):

GREYLISTING_TRAINING_MODE = True

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Append this line in /opt/iredmail/custom/iredapd/settings.py, then restart "iredapd" service (or relaunch docker container):

Hey Zhang,

I gave this a shot prior to opening this thread - the settings.py does not appear to save per it being a new container.

As iredapd cannot be restarted within the container individually, and a container restart is required, is it best practice to recreate this file outside of the container and mount it appropriately?

Thanks,
Wheaty

Wheaty wrote:

I gave this a shot prior to opening this thread - the settings.py does not appear to save per it being a new container.

/opt/iredmail/custom/ should be an external volume and mounted in container, so if you modified any files under /opt/iredmail/custom/, it survives after container relaunch.

Wheaty wrote:

As iredapd cannot be restarted within the container individually

Wrong.
You can restart it with "supervisorctl" command.

5 (edited by Wheaty 2023-04-13 06:52:27)

Zhang,

Thank you for clarifying.
I have added the respective settings modification to ./data/custom/iredapd/settings.py.

Is there any command I can run to ensure this is being applied properly as the primary settings file is not appended with this data?

The setting I am adding is the following:

Thanks.

Just login to docker container and run "supervisorctl" to restart iredapd service.