Topic: FreeBSD Jail Fresh Install Trouble

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Maria
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Having trouble doing the initial install of the server. Running FreeBSD and installing within a jail. However I am getting the below error. I tried installing the python plugin manually, but can't seem to as all reports say the port is broken and to use another plugin. Below is the tail of the install showing the error.

---SNIP---
===> Fetching all distfiles required by py38-coverage_enable_subprocess-1.0 for building
===>   py38-pytest-env-0.6.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
=> pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch [https]://files[dot]pythonhosted[dot]org/packages/source/p/pytest-env/pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz
pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz                               1693  B   14 MBps    00s
===> Fetching all distfiles required by py38-pytest-env-0.6.2 for building
===>  py38-pytest-freezegun-0.4.2 is marked as broken: causes INTERNALERROR
failures in PyTest in many python-based ports, based on the assessment in
this comment: [https]://github[dot]com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/10846.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-pytest-freezegun
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-Jinja2
<< ERROR >> Failed in downloading package(s), please fix it manually and then relaunch iRedMail installer.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: FreeBSD Jail Fresh Install Trouble

https://www.freshports.org/devel/py-pytest-freezegun/

Broken: The port is marked as broken. Perhaps it won't compile. Maybe it doesn't work under FreeBSD right now. If you view the port details, you will see the reason why. Packages for a broken port are not built by the package cluster. Therefore, pkg install will not work.

So, they found conditions where this port causes errors and marked it as broken, at the moment you cannot install this.

You need to use another linux distro to get it running till they fixed that issues

3 (edited by AsinineLucky 2023-04-19 22:17:53)

Thanks for the recommendation Cthulhu. I was hoping to use the FreeBSD system I already had running with Jails on it, but may just have to spool up another VM to host this in then. Maybe in the future if this port and installer is worked out I can migrate they system over. Will have to check all of my options.

The interesting thing is I could install the Py39 version of the plugin, but can't figure out the py38. Wouldn't be an issue except the installer is looking for the older version for some reason.

Cthulhu wrote:

Broken: The port is marked as broken. Perhaps it won't compile. Maybe it doesn't work under FreeBSD right now. If you view the port details, you will see the reason why. Packages for a broken port are not built by the package cluster. Therefore, pkg install will not work.

So, they found conditions where this port causes errors and marked it as broken, at the moment you cannot install this.

You need to use another linux distro to get it running till they fixed that issues

Run Linux for iRedMail if possible.

FreeBSD ports tree changes everyday and may introduce breaking changes, latest iRedMail release cannot handle breaking ports tree changes after released. sad

5 (edited by itpro757 2023-04-20 18:03:08)

I have same problem with install. Python39 not working too. On FreeBSD 13.2 we can't install iredmail - not supported.

AsinineLucky wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Maria
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Having trouble doing the initial install of the server. Running FreeBSD and installing within a jail. However I am getting the below error. I tried installing the python plugin manually, but can't seem to as all reports say the port is broken and to use another plugin. Below is the tail of the install showing the error.

---SNIP---
===> Fetching all distfiles required by py38-coverage_enable_subprocess-1.0 for building
===>   py38-pytest-env-0.6.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
=> pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch [https]://files[dot]pythonhosted[dot]org/packages/source/p/pytest-env/pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz
pytest-env-0.6.2.tar.gz                               1693  B   14 MBps    00s
===> Fetching all distfiles required by py38-pytest-env-0.6.2 for building
===>  py38-pytest-freezegun-0.4.2 is marked as broken: causes INTERNALERROR
failures in PyTest in many python-based ports, based on the assessment in
this comment: [https]://github[dot]com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/10846.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-pytest-freezegun
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/py-Jinja2
<< ERROR >> Failed in downloading package(s), please fix it manually and then relaunch iRedMail installer.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Run Linux for iRedMail if possible.

FreeBSD ports tree changes everyday and may introduce breaking changes, latest iRedMail release cannot handle breaking ports tree changes after released. sad

Thanks!!!