1 (edited by saddamus 2023-05-17 15:16:00)

Topic: Outlook 16.0 autodiscover + activesync

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version:  1.6.2 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Has anyone managed to make Outlook 16.0  working with  autodiscover for ActiveSync ?

Over nginx logs i can see that it hits autodiscover.json (according to Microsoft documentation it should try autodiscover.xml.
Json returns just activesync address url (nothing else) proto//mailserver/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync. I didnt find if it should return some additional parameters.
Then outlook is posting some ping / options to that URL (/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync) and displays message that configuration has failed.
In Sogo logs i dont see any information what could go wrong
Just logs like Sleeping 30 seconds while detecting changes for user xx

Should there be something else than just server url returned by autodiscover to make it working ?
Outlook on Android and IOS mail client works just fine with autodiscover and activesync.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Outlook 16.0 autodiscover + activesync

saddamus wrote:

Over nginx logs i can see that it hits autodiscover.json (according to Microsoft documentation it should try autodiscover.xml.

Newer Outlook uses autodiscover.json, old Outlook uses autodiscover.xml.

You can try to add a JSON file at that URL with hard-coded ActiveSync address, if it works, we will try to implement it in next iRedMail release.