Topic: How to upgrade roundcube as part of an iRedMail upgrade?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2 -> 1.6.3 upgrade
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Last week my old iRedMail server died (0.9.3), and I created a new server, this time using Debian 11, and 1.6.2.  Today I saw the annoucement of 1.6.3, and performed most of the update steps outlined in docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredmail.1.6.1-1.6.3

That document says to "Please follow Roundcube official tutorial to upgrade Roundcube webmail to the latest stable release", that link says to:

cd <the-unpacked-roundcube-directory>
  bin/installto.sh <your-existing-roundcube-directory>

OK,  so I need to specify your-existing-roundcube-directory
According to the "iRedMail.tips" file after my installation, it says:

Roundcube webmail: /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.3

So, apparently I should specify "/opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.3" to  bin/installto.sh

I haven't done this yet, one reason being that I'm concerned that after I do so, the actual version of roundcube I'll be running will be 1.6.1 but it will be in a directory that says 1.5.3, which doesn't seem like a best sys-admin practice. 

If I were to execute the upgrade as above, what would I need to do subsequently if I wanted to rename /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.3 to either /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.1 or /opt/www/roundcubemail-stable ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to upgrade roundcube as part of an iRedMail upgrade?

XEZ)7cE7T?FEjv2T$6FJyqt$ wrote:

I haven't done this yet, one reason being that I'm concerned that after I do so, the actual version of roundcube I'll be running will be 1.6.1 but it will be in a directory that says 1.5.3, which doesn't seem like a best sys-admin practice. 

Backup sql database and /opt/www/roundcube*.

XEZ)7cE7T?FEjv2T$6FJyqt$ wrote:

If I were to execute the upgrade as above, what would I need to do subsequently if I wanted to rename /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.3 to either /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.1 or /opt/www/roundcubemail-stable ?

iRedMail uses /opt/www/roundcubemail in nginx config file, so you can rename /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.3 to whatever name but link back to /opt/www/roundcubemail. Restarting or reloading nginx service is required.