Topic: Can't use doveadm and issues with Roundcube after update

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 2.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
root@mx:~# doveadm mailbox list
doveadm(root): Error: chdir(/root/) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +x perm: /root, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0700)
doveadm(root): Error: open(/root/Maildir/dovecot-acl-list) failed: Permission denied
doveadm(root): Error: stat(/root/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +x perm: /root, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0700)
doveadm(root): Error: stat(/root/Maildir/temp.mx.34743.cda952d5ded928b2) failed: Permission denied
doveadm(root): Error: mkdir(/root/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +x perm: /root, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0700)
doveadm(root): Error: opendir(/root/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=2000(vmail) egid=2000(vmail) missing +x perm: /root, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0700)
INBOX
====

doveadm command is giving permission errors but it is confusing as the errors point to /root/Maildir which doesn't exist. Maildir is in each of the users home dirs somewhere deep under /var/vmail/vmail1/domainname.com/...
I can tell it's a permissions issue by the errors but the real maildir has correct permissions. Seems like a configuration issue after updating to iRedadm 2.2 and iRedAPD 5.2 but I can't locate the problem.

As well most of the times when trying I am unable to log into dovecot web getting storage error, but on occasion it lets me log in but does not display emails(but shows email count in inbox as well as mailbox fill percentage).

Emails are however going out and also coming in from what I've been able to tell(we have an api sending mails through the server).

I have not managed to find obvious logs other than the doveadm result errors so far.
Any help would be appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't use doveadm and issues with Roundcube after update

I may have realised what the reason for the strange issues could be.
Originally I took over management of the server and had to upgrade the services.
I manually upgraded after distro upgrade one by one dovecot, iRedAPD, iRedadmin, mlmmjadmin but did not use the iRedMail upgrade procedure, but rather those services procedures.
Originally it was 1.4.2, so now I'm not sure where inbetween it is. I suppose it's amazing that mails are moving.

Is it possible to still run the 1.4.2 upgrade procedure of iRedMail if that could be the issue?
Or should I give up and make a new server?

Re: Can't use doveadm and issues with Roundcube after update

arch wrote:

Is it possible to still run the 1.4.2 upgrade procedure of iRedMail if that could be the issue?

Should be fine.