Topic: Spider Email Archiver search advice

Okay, after installing spider 2.4.0 and getting a trial license sad I continued to do my evaluation. Since the docs do not describe the search process itself I did some tests with approx. 9500 imported mails.
First search all fields empty - 9468 matches - okay.
Second search Keyword 'Bestellung' - no wildcards - 2949 matches - seems to be okay
Third search Keyword 'Bestell*' - notice the wildcard - 229 matches ! That is weird - it should at least show the same number as above!
Same happens with the other fields. Not using wildcards gives me more hits than wildcards. Is this a bug or my misunderstanding of the wildcard use? BTW using the native sql wildcard (%) gives the same 229 matches, using no wild card at all (Keyword 'Bestell') just the same.

I fear this does not look good for a first try sad

Puzzled
Harvey

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spider Email Archiver search advice

Are you using Germany language? If yes, try to change the analyzer to Germany in "Settings -> Index and Analyzer".

Note: it will reindex all archived messages, and won't take too long.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Are you using Germany language? If yes, try to change the analyzer to Germany in "Settings -> Index and Analyzer".

Yes, but I changed the analyzer to German before importing the mails via spider-import. Just to be sure I switched the analyzer to Standard, waited for the analyzing to finish and then changed it back to German. The FTS Index Info indicates it has done its job. I then repeated my test and the result did not change sad

Seems like there is some work to be done here...

Harvey wrote:

Second search Keyword 'Bestellung' - no wildcards - 2949 matches - seems to be okay
Third search Keyword 'Bestell*' - notice the wildcard - 229 matches ! That is weird - it should at least show the same number as above!

I don't have emails in Germany for testing right now, but it does sounds like a bug. sad
I will try to reproduce it in about 2 days (tomorrow is on highway the whole day).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I will try to reproduce it in about 2 days (tomorrow is on highway the whole day).

Okay, let me know if I can help in any way. And take care while on the road wink

Hi,
any news on this topic?

Dear Harvey,

This issue has been fixed, and we released new version v2.4.1 with this fix moment ago.
Thank you very much for the report (and other feedbacks). smile

Download here: https://spiderd.io/

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This issue has been fixed, and we released new version v2.4.1 with this fix moment ago.

Well, nearly wink

I did install V2.4.1 and tested again. First I did rebuild the FTS index by setting it to Standard and then back to German. I verified that the indexing is over by looking at the dashboard and in the log files. Then I searched the keyword 'Bestellung' - 2949 hits. Seems to be okay, at least it is the same number as with 2.4.0 wink Then I changed the keyword to 'Bestell*' - 0 hits. Ooops...
Then a new search, only lower cases 'bestellung' - again 2949 hits. Now 'bestell*' - hey, 3097 hits...
Looks like there is a problem with case sensitive search as well sad

Greetings
Harvey

Could you help compose some emails in German and send me for testing?

I tried to reproduce testing emails in Germany, v2.4.1 works for me. I need sample emails to reproduce the issue.

Send me: zhb _at_ iredmail.org.
Or telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

Never mind, i managed to reproduce it and fixed moment ago.
Will release new version v2.4.2 today. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Never mind, i managed to reproduce it and fixed moment ago.
Will release new version v2.4.2 today. smile

Wonderful! I was just making a plan of how to prepare a sample for you. Will test again as soon as it's out cool

Just gave it a short test and now it works as expected! Great! smile