1 (edited by Harvey 2023-08-21 20:16:15)

Topic: No chance to change trial license to purchased one

The topic says it all. I have activated a trial license which now has timed out. So I went ahead and purchased a 10 Boxes license. But I can't change the trial license to the newly purchased one. The spider website does not show any buttons or other means to change a license. Bug or feature? wink

Greetings
Harvey

Ah, and btw, there is no chance to download an invoice in the IredMail Store. There is a link 'invoice' in the last row, but clicking it does not do anything (browser: firefox)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: No chance to change trial license to purchased one

Hi Harvey,

Thank you very much for the purchase, and sorry about the troubles.

1) As a temporary solution, please edit /opt/spider/settings.json file manually with your favourite text editor, replace the purchased license key in parameter "license_key", then restart Spider.

We're working on this, next release will always show an input field to activate / replace license key.

2) Will fix the invoice issue shortly.

By the way, there's a ticket system after logged in to https://store.iredmail.org/
We will close this Spider forum shortly.

Update: License page now always show the input field to activate license. This will be available in next Spider release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

By the way, there's a ticket system after logged in to https://store.iredmail.org/
We will close this Spider forum shortly.

Well, I suggest thinking thoroughly about this again. You will multiply your work in answering the same question over and over again. Or do you plan to charge money for every bug report? wink

Greetings
Harvey

Since a license key is required to run Spider, user should already registered, and they can use the web ticket system to report bugs, or request new features, etc. Also email is ok too. smile