Topic: Correct procedure for multiple version upgrades
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Firstly, yes we are delinquent in versions and need to address urgently...
The upgrade procedures for each version are clear, but one of the first steps during each incremental upgrade is to update iRedAdmin. To request the download link for iRedAdmin Pro, we get the very latest, which doesn't yet support our old version at that step until we get there.
I just want to confirm the correct procedure for ultimately getting to the latest iRedmail and iRedAdmin Pro. Can I step through all intermediate versions to get iRedMail to the very latest *first*, and then apply the latest iRedAdmin Pro single upgrade, or do I need to request/locate the supported iRedAdmin Pro for each specific version, as I step through the upgrades 1 by 1?
The plan will also be to upgrade 18.04 > 20.04 > 22.04. Are there specific versions best to halt at while the OS is upgraded?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.