Topic: throttle plugin not working
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am trying to use throttle plugin to limit outgoing emails per hour, but it doesn't seem to work.
In file "/opt/iRedAPD-5.1/settings.py" "throttle" is among the enabled plugins.
I have created a test entry for email@example.com, so that this account can sent 1 email per minute.
but after testing, I could send more than 5 emails in less than 20 seconds.
Should a service be restarted after adding entries in iredapd.throttle table?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.