Topic: Include/Exclude IMAP Folders from Ongoing Archive

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When importing existing messages using the spider-import command it's possible to choose which IMAP folders to import messages from using the --imap-folder argument. However, is it possible to specify which IMAP folders new messages should or shouldn't be archived from?

I ask because new messages in the junk folder are being archived. In addition, it doesn't seem possible to delete messages from the archive, only download as .eml or restore them.

I don't want an ever increasing number of archived junk messages, so am I missing something or is this functionality planned for a future release?

Thanks, Steve.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Include/Exclude IMAP Folders from Ongoing Archive

ok, do i understand correctly that you just need to exclude some imap folders? for example, Junk and Spam (or any other folder).

Spider supports importing from certain folders with (one or more) "--imap-folder" argument, but doesn't support excluding folders yet, we will implement this in next release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Spider supports importing from certain folders with (one or more) "--imap-folder" argument, but doesn't support excluding folders yet, we will implement this in next release.

Apologies, I didn't explain myself very well. It's not the import of existing messages using spider-import I'm having problems with. It's the ongoing archiving of new messages as they are received by the mail server using the always_bcc parameter in Postfix. I guess it's not possible for this parameter to be selective, but is there a way to instruct Spider Email Archiver not to archive messages from certain folders like the junk folder or to be able to delete them from the archive?

Regards, Steve.

- We use always_bcc parameter in Postfix to forward a copy of both inbound/outbound to Spider, Postfix doesn't know whether this message will be delivered to Junk or not (Dovecot LDA delivers the message), so it's impossible to do it on Postfix side.
- Spider doesn't allow message removal manually, have to wait until it expired the retention period you set in "Settings -> Retention" page as admin, e.g. 10 years.