Topic: Use active directory for mail accounts
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.6 openLDAP edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I would like to use my ADDC to manage my email accounts.
The problem being that I don't know much about it, is there a tuto to install iredmail correctly on debian 11 and connect it with an AD in the same network?
I've tried to follow the iredmail tutorials but I can't get my mail server to communicate with my AD. When I make the request :
# ldapsearch -x -h ad.example.com -D 'vmail' -W -b 'cn=users,dc=example,dc=com'
Enter password: password_of_vmail
I get nothing at all, it doesn't work.
Can you help me?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.