Topic: Delete emails addressed to a certain account

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I have a catch-all for my domain (set up in `forwardings` table) but I'd also like to drop all emails addresses to a certain account - so exclude it from catch-all.

Found this: https://forum.iredmail.org/topic15723-d … dress.html (locked, so here I am) and I tried to actually create an account with that address and then in `mailbox` I added `discard` in the `transport` column for that account, but I still receive emails (SPAM). In the logs I see that this email address is in the `orig_to` field.

Is catch-all doing the work before it hits the `discard`? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Delete emails addressed to a certain account

Why don't you login to roundcube as that user and set a filter to delete all incoming mail?

It's less refined, but it works.

I guess that's an option too, but I'm interested in why this isn't working

4 (edited by predmijat 2023-12-09 04:35:56)

For this account I edited the `mailbox` table with "enablelda=0" and "enabledeliver=0", but I still get the email in my main account, it seems that catch-all is grabbing it before everything right?

I wanted to have catch-all but still disable this specific address...it looks I'll end up with catch-all smile