Topic: Suddenly STARTTLS is not working.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

All of the sudden, my Nextcloud (or desktop apps) are not connecting to IMAP.  SMTP seems to work though.  Both were setup with STARTTLS and both have worked fine for over a year.  But today the IMAP stopped authenticating altogether.  Certificate is fine.  Using Roundcube on local install works fine.  Using SOGo on local install times out on authentication.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Suddenly STARTTLS is not working.

Did you try a simple reboot of the server? Would be my first guess

"Did you try to turn it off an on again" seems like a joke, but actually it solves so many problems

I might try that tonight...   I only tried restarting primary services.  In the meantime I had to lighten my security but they are local networked so it is minimal.  However, I'd like to do it right in the end.

It seems that the reboot did fix things.  I was just hoping there was a more specific service to reset that would fix it.  But it was hard to trace.  I'm wondering if the system ran the autorenewal of the cert and it didn't finish properly or required a reboot.  I feel like that has been an issue before.  Anyway,  it does seem well now.  Thanks for the reminder of the obvious smile

OMG, i feel like Moss from IT Crowd now