1 (edited by mikekgr 2024-01-21 19:37:27)

Topic: Upgrading Roundcube 1.6.1 to 1.6.6

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.3 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Server Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (fully updated)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mariadb 1:10.3.38-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear Sirs,
in my iRedMail server with the following installed versions:
Server Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (fully updated)
Webmail: Roundcube Webmail 1.6.1

postfix                  3.4.13-0ubuntu1.2
dovecot-core          1:2.3.7.2-1ubuntu3.6
mariadb-server        1:10.3.38-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
nginx-full            1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4

I want to update / upgrade my Roundcube Webmail 1.6.1 to the latest which is Roundcube Webmail 1.6.6
Looking at the Rundcube upgrade documentation ( https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade )
I didn't find any instruction to remove /opt/www/roundcubemail/composer.json before upgrading as it was
in case of 1.5.x to 1.6.x upgrade, or to do something special except the directory backup that I will do ( rsync -aP /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.1 /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.1-working-backup ).
My question is: the only that I need in order to do this upgrade ( 1.6.1 to 1.6.6 ) is to donload the latest
complete targz file:
( https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubem … ete.tar.gz )
to unpack to a temporary directory ( tar xf roundcubemail-1.6.6-complete.tar.gz ) and then to cd to the unpacked directory
cd roundcubemail-1.6.6  and just run bin/installto.sh /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.1   ?
Do I need enything else? I am asking this question, because when update / upgrade my 1.5.x Roundcube to 1.6.1
I faced many problems...

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrading Roundcube 1.6.1 to 1.6.6

mikekgr wrote:

My question is: the only that I need in order to do this upgrade ( 1.6.1 to 1.6.6 ) is to

Yes, and remove "composer.json" before upgrade. Do backup before upgrade as usual.

3 (edited by mikekgr 2024-01-22 22:30:58)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mikekgr wrote:

My question is: the only that I need in order to do this upgrade ( 1.6.1 to 1.6.6 ) is to

Yes, and remove "composer.json" before upgrade. Do backup before upgrade as usual.

Before your answer, I did the upgrade as I described in my post, but WITHOUT to remove "composer.json" before upgrade. Everything goes right and all seems to be in good working condition. Do I need to do something because I did this upgrade WITHOUT to remove "composer.json" before upgrade ?

Many thanks

mikekgr wrote:

Do I need to do something because I did this upgrade WITHOUT to remove "composer.json" before upgrade ?

Since Roundcube 1.6.1 and 1.6.6 have almost same dependent libraries, it seems working without removing 'composer.json', but removing it BEFORE upgrading is recommended by Roundcue team, mentioned here:
https://roundcube.net/news/2023/07/02/u … 2-released