Topic: Ubuntu 24 compatibility with iRedMail 1.6.8

According to the iRedMail downloads page the recommended Ubuntu version for 1.6.8 is 22.04 LTS
The  option for Ubuntu 22.04 on VPS from my hosting provider is "ubuntu-22.04-x86_64"
Is there a difference?
When I attempt to install 1.6.8 on the VPS (i.e. sh iRedMail.sh) I get an error saying there is a compatibility issue.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Ubuntu 24 compatibility with iRedMail 1.6.8

communque wrote:

According to the iRedMail downloads page the recommended Ubuntu version for 1.6.8 is 22.04 LTS
The  option for Ubuntu 22.04 on VPS from my hosting provider is "ubuntu-22.04-x86_64"
Is there a difference?

Same thing.

communque wrote:

When I attempt to install 1.6.8 on the VPS (i.e. sh iRedMail.sh) I get an error saying there is a compatibility issue.

- What's the original error message?
- Please run "bash iRedMail.sh", not "sh iRedMail.sh". "sh" is not same as "bash" on Ubuntu.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- What's the original error message?

Unfortunately I didn't capture the precise language but your next note is most likely the solution.  Will check, but thanks in advance.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- Please run "bash iRedMail.sh", not "sh iRedMail.sh". "sh" is not same as "bash" on Ubuntu.

By the way, iRedMail will support Ubuntu 24.04 when it's publicly announced, all work has been done in our local repository.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

By the way, iRedMail will support Ubuntu 24.04 when it's publicly announced, all work has been done in our local repository.

`bash iRedMail.sh` was the fix

re Ubuntu 24.04 -- sounds good.  Thanks for the insight