Topic: IRedmail not working after installing mysql..

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I don't know why i've done it but i've installed MYSQL since i thought iredmail were working on a local database.

I havent done anything, i've just done sudo apt install mysql-server and sudo systemctl start mysql.service

But i can't connect to iredmail,  roundcube and sogo now..

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IRedmail not working after installing mysql..

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations although it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations although it will backup files before modifying, and it may not be working as expected.

So the only way is to reset the server and install again losing everything?

mysql was installed before, and you still can fix it (manually), but it needs some knowledge

databases are backed up everyday, including the mysql datbase (containing all users etc)

So, you would need to restore everything to get it back to a working state

and you didn't provide any information which version you installed, on which distro etc

andreadada.personal wrote:

So the only way is to reset the server and install again losing everything?

Please check mysql server log file, extract related log lines for troubleshooting.