1 (edited by Pavel Zhe 2024-04-11 22:45:44)

Topic: Test upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I've got a license for iRedAdmin-Pro and want to test  upgrade procedure from Free on cloned from prod VM before. So, I suppose do the next steps:

1. Clone prod VM to test VM
2. Reconfigure network
3. Perform upgrade
4. Install license key if required
5. Test iRedAdmin-Pro (create user and so on)
6. Destroy test VM (or revert to state before upgrade
7. Perform upgrade  on prod VM

Is this a right sequence? How I should maintain a license: activate/deactivate/transfer procedure or something else? Please, point to actual doc, if exist

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Test upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro

- The procedure is ok.
- It's ok to run same iRedAdmin-Pro license on a production server and a short-run testing server, just don't forget to remove the license on testing server after you finished the tests.

Re: Test upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- The procedure is ok.
- It's ok to run same iRedAdmin-Pro license on a production server and a short-run testing server, just don't forget to remove the license on testing server after you finished the tests.

I don't see any button like 'Remove License'. Or I should delete some files from iRedadmin-Pro directory?