Topic: Upgrade Debian 11 with iRedMail to Debian 12

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11 bullseye
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hey,

I'm planning to move from Debian 11 to Debian 12. Mostly because Debian 11 still uses php 7.4 and also because clamav is still running on 0.103.10.

I tried to upgrade php from 7.4 to 8.x manually and it fails because the web interface is not loading anymore. I also tried to upgrade clamav manually but it always fails while installing.

What is the best way to upgrade my system to Debian 12 and do I need to reconfigure things in my iRedMail install?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade Debian 11 with iRedMail to Debian 12

Bump

No special precaution necessary.

Just do an upgrade to deb12 as mentioned on the official deb webside.

When running sogo - do not forget to change the repos.

greets

@mike175de actually post OS upgrade php-fpm is not listening on port 9999 so like for Debian 10 to 11 iRedmail upgrade instructions, it's necessary to perform a:

cp /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/www.conf /etc/php/8.2/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
service php8.2-fpm restart

otherwise nginx thrown an http 503 while attempting to access Roundcube

pimmelberger wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11 bullseye
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hey,

I'm planning to move from Debian 11 to Debian 12. Mostly because Debian 11 still uses php 7.4 and also because clamav is still running on 0.103.10.

I tried to upgrade php from 7.4 to 8.x manually and it fails because the web interface is not loading anymore. I also tried to upgrade clamav manually but it always fails while installing.

What is the best way to upgrade my system to Debian 12 and do I need to reconfigure things in my iRedMail install?

Easy fix. Migrated Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04.

The fix is to backup www.conf from PHP7.4 to 8 folder.

Location /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/

Or you could use 60.ini to make it the configuration stick on PHP upgrades.

Regards.

Document the changes here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.debian.11-12.html

My server was initially running iredmail version 1.4.0 on debian 10 and i upgraded from release to release as they came out and debian 10 to 11 when 11 came out and today i upgraded from debian 11 to 12. after upgrading to debian 12, i had to run mysql_upgrade and also edit my debian.cnf to be root and it's password like it would be on a fresh install of 1.7.0 (i was getting errors root couldnt authenticate itself when trying to run debian-startup and tons of issues with tables). i also updated my.cnf to match the contents of the file on a fresh install of 1.7.0, not sure if editing my.cnf was necessary but mysql_upgrade and editing debian.cnf definitely were to get mariadb to stop throwing errors. the server did function without those changes being made and i wouldnt have noticed anything was amiss without checking logs but i didnt like all the errors i was seeing.