Topic: Migrate to new server with webmail change SOGo -> Roundcube

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 12
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello

I'm running iRedMail 1.6.7 with SOGo webmail. There are about 100 users and 1.5 Tb mail catalog.
How can I transfer all data including contacts and calendars to new clean install iRedMail server with Roundcube?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate to new server with webmail change SOGo -> Roundcube

FYI https://docs.iredmail.org/backup.restore.html

Please upgrade SOGo to latest version first, then export its SQL database and import it on new server. It contains calendars, events, contacts.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

FYI docs. iredmail. org / backup. restore. html

Please upgrade SOGo to latest version first, then export its SQL database and import it on new server. It contains calendars, events, contacts.

Yes, I've already used this instruction for moving from one server to another. But it was SOGo -> SOGo transfer.
Now I want to change webmail system and don't install SOGo on new server at all. I looked at backups, it contains some SOGo related fields even in mailbox table: enablesogo, enablesogowebmail and so on. Can it be source of trouble for system without SOGo?
And I don't understand how Roundcube will get data from SOGo database tables.

Roundcube doesn't get data from SOGo database at all.

- You have to export contacts from SOGo web UI manually, then import it in Roundcube.
- Roundcube doesn't support calendar by default, you have to try some third-party plugin instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Roundcube doesn't get data from SOGo database at all.

- You have to export contacts from SOGo web UI manually, then import it in Roundcube.
- Roundcube doesn't support calendar by default, you have to try some third-party plugin instead.

Many thanks.
And could you please answer the question about SOGo related fields/tables in installation without SOGo? Will it affect server work or it will just 'exists' in DB?

SOGo related SQL columns in "vmail" database are used when you have SOGo running, but they won't cause any trouble if you don't have SOGo.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SOGo related SQL columns in "vmail" database are used when you have SOGo running, but they won't cause any trouble if you don't have SOGo.

You're doing great job, thank you!