Topic: iRedAPD THROTTLE_BYPASS_SAME_DOMAIN

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8 MARIADB edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 22.04.1-Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I would like all users on the same domain to be able to send emails, but not have throttle. I looked in the documentation and couldn't find it.

I saw in a message here on the forum that placing the parameter

THROTTLE_BYPASS_SAME_DOMAIN = True

in iredapd/settings.py would solve this issue but it didn't work. I did the test by sending a message to 304 users from the same domain and 1 external and in the log below iRedAPD counted them as if they were all external.

Jun 26 12:50:43 mail01 iredapd [X.X.X.X] [test1@domain.com] Quota exceeded: sender throttle for max_msgs, recipient_count=305, 0->305/100. (id=1/msg_size=73400320 (bytes)/account=@.; id=1/max_rcpts=500/account=@.; id=1/max_msgs=100/account=@.; id=1/max_quota=0 (bytes)/account=@.;

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? What is the correct file for the configuration?

Thank you very much in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAPD THROTTLE_BYPASS_SAME_DOMAIN

Sounds like a bug of iRedAPD.
Which iRedAPD version are you running?

Oops, iRedAPD plugin "throttle" is running in Postfix "END-OF-MESSAGE" state, it gets only a count of recipients, not the full email addresses of all recipients, so it can not verify whether some of them are in same domain.

Hello,

I don't know which version of iredapd I'm running and I didn't find how to see this. It was installed from scratch along with iRedMail 1.6.8 in April this year.

I then understood that it is a limitation of Postfix that does not pass each recipient to iredapd, so iredapd has no way to separate it for filtering, is that it? Or could any change to the Postfix configuration resolve the issue?

Thanks,

iRedAPD is a policy server, for that to archive it would need a whole milter

rpg128 wrote:

I then understood that it is a limitation of Postfix that does not pass each recipient to iredapd, so iredapd has no way to separate it for filtering, is that it?

Correct.