Topic: iRedMail using up ALL Memory

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

For several days (or even weeks) now, my system (having 8 GB) is using up ALL memory. Every 15 minutes, I receive several mails stating so. If I look into the system, however, either with "free -h" or with Webmin, I see that the memory load is around 15-30%, but the "Virtual Memory" (2 GB) is almost full all the time

Do I do something wrong? (For several years, the system ran flawlessly.)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail using up ALL Memory

Is there really nobody who has an idea what the reason for this behaviour could be and how to cope with it?

increase virtual memory?

Try turning off MySQL performance schema. Should free up some memory. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/753 … -of-disabl

Which process / program using the most memory?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Which process / program using the most memory?

I am not really sure: Whenever I call "free" on the shell, it seems as if there are at least 6 GB of the available 8 GB free.

However, the mail server, is very often very slow, and when I look at its console, it shows messages like
[90363.019388] Out of memory: Kill process 2470 (sogod) score 437 or sacrifice child
and such.

My issue may be similar.  Do you have SOGo installed, I am assuming?  It is consuming my memory over time.  It may take several days or even weeks but I am allowing 32GB ram for this server.  My WOWorkersCount is set to 80.  Within another post here, I'm tackling needing to see if my settings need adjusted or I need to just have a regular restart of the sogo service.  I have a 4GB swap file on the server as well.  I'm wondering if I should remove it, or bump it up to match the available ram.  So I am not really answering your problem here but perhaps trying to help you see if SOGo may be your issue as well.

What does your netdata console show (assuming you included it in the install)?

FWIW I’ve started installing glances on iRedMail boxes as it helps me see what’s problematic at any given instant. It doesn’t replace netdata, but it’s a more immediate tool.