Topic: Banned contents email will not stop attempts

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I sent myself a test email to check the size limit of a file attachment.  But it was an EXE file type and was rejected, which is fine.  However, I'm getting a constant email returned every few minutes regarding this email.  So I do not know if it is just continuing to try and deliver it.  But I am trying to figure out how to make it stop.  I can just see it retrying over and over in the outbound log.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by Cthulhu 2024-07-24 08:13:46)

Re: Banned contents email will not stop attempts

from an external domain to yourself, or LDA?
i guess you can remove it from mailq, still dont know if it is the bounce message or the actual mail that got stuck

and you actually cannot really test size limit, since files get base64 encoded so file size in reality is about ~33 larger than what you upload, adding mail header body

you simply can use

postconf message_size_limit

and it shows you the max size limit of mails

That was an LDA test.

I was testing more of a rough size to compare to the size of a file another user was trying to send.  I did find out how to bump the allowable size and that works.  I just got caught in the mess of using an .exe file for my test on my end.

It actually seemed to terminate over night around 2am.  Is there a daily cron job that would just handle that then?

No, I was wrong.  The storage on the server got filled up and that is why it stopped sending.  Now that the storage is resolved, it is still trying to send this message.  Can someone help me with a little more detail of how I can kill it?

FYI, I opened up the filter on my account so it does not block the file type anymore, but the email keeps sending copies to me every few minutes along with the attached file now.  How can I stop this???