Topic: Some modifications...

1st, congratulation!
I gave iRedMail 0.5.0 the first try and voala, it works out of the box - like a charme!
Great work, thx a lot.

2nd, I have to do some modifications to use iRedMail too:

Very important for me is how passwords are stored.
Have to migrate an older mailsystem, 52 vdomains, ~4000 user, passwords are MD5 hashes.
So it seems that Dovecot doesn´t use MD5 -> mysql.conf: password-shema = CRYPT
The passwords in the database mapping files also cryptet - I just know this with plain text.
My Q. is, what have I to do, that iRM stores the passwords in MD5[PLAIN] format (not MD5-Crypt, CRAM-MD5 or CRYPT).
Is it enough to modify Dovecots mysql.conf and Postfixadmins config.inc.php [$CONF['encrypt'] = 'md5';]?

A domainadmin for the first standard domain is created well. What I miss is a SUPERADMIN.

Great works, thx twice
mbsouth

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Some modifications...

- iRedMail uses MD5 by default in MySQL solution (SSHA in LDAP solution).
- Dovecot supports it with iRedMail default setting (dovecot-mysql.conf: default_password_scheme = CRYPT). Reference about password schemes supported by Dovecot: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

mbsouth wrote:

Have to migrate an older mailsystem, 52 vdomains, ~4000 user, passwords are MD5 hashes.

Insert MD5 hashed password into SQL, it should work as expected.
Password of user created in PostfixAdmin is MD5 hashed by default, no addition modification required.

mbsouth wrote:

A domainadmin for the first standard domain is created well. What I miss is a SUPERADMIN.

Set value to 'ALL' in 'domain' column of vmail.domain_admins table, That's it.

Don't forget to share your success story in our Success Stories forum, and you can donate us to make this project continue exists. smile

Hi, thx for the tipp!
I think I found what i need:

By default -> default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
Passwords were stored as MD5-CRYPT hash in vmail.mailbox table  e.g. --> $1$eefCcAhm$sSwG4cgC5GBMpzgEvfuqP0

...function, which means that CRYPT is usually able to decrypt also MD5-CRYPT and possibly also other password schemes.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

What I need is PLAN-MD5.
Password like --> d512598b6df069f39381c3db78aaecdb

I´ll change Dovecots default_pass_scheme to default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5 and Postfixadmin to $CONF['encrypt'] = 'md5' instead of $CONF['encrypt'] = 'md5crypt'

Hope to be able to post my success!
[ iRedMail = success ]

aha, it seems easy to migrate to iRedMail from your old mail server smile

Hi,
it seems it´s easy to move the old accounts to the new database:
Split maildomains from email; also split admin-accounts from mail-user, some sql export/import statements ... ;-D

There are other things like how to move unread mailmessages from the old mailserver (SAMBAR Server 6.4 => out of lifetime [running on W2K-Server]) in mbox-format to iRedMail ?
How to create the directory-tree by default to copy unread messages in it -> ?? sending each user a wellcome mail ??

mbsouth wrote:

There are other things like how to move unread mailmessages from the old mailserver (SAMBAR Server 6.4 => out of lifetime [running on W2K-Server]) in mbox-format to iRedMail ?

iRedMail uses maildir format, you have to migrate mbox to maildir first, and then copy them to new mailbox.
Search 'convert mbox messagees to maildir format' in Google will help you.

How to create the directory-tree by default to copy unread messages in it -> ?? sending each user a wellcome mail ??

Example to create a maildir format mailbox:

# mkdir -p /path/to/new/Maildir/{tmp,cur,new}

You can copy unread mails to 'Maildir/new/'.

Send a welcome mail is another way, choose the one you preferred. smile

Good luck.

I have migrated mailbox from my old server to new server via imap. There are some very handy imaptools to do this for you:
http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools/

regards,

Willem

wfvanvalkenburg wrote:

I have migrated mailbox from my old server to new server via imap. There are some very handy imaptools to do this for you:

Will you share more details about your migration?
I think it will help more users smile