1 (edited by j.smith1981 2011-05-03 22:04:18)

Topic: No Email Aliases Allowed in iRedmail anymore?

Is there anyway of adding in email addresses that are aliases of mailboxes in the new iRedmail?

Just something struck me, isn't it possible to do this in the new version?

Just updated my mail server now and just wondered if this is at all possible please.

Thanks for your help,
Jez.

PS I am using viRedMail-0.7.0, just it used to be where I logged in as postmaster@mydomain.com (just as an example of course!)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: No Email Aliases Allowed in iRedmail anymore?

j.smith1981 wrote:

Is there anyway of adding in email addresses that are aliases of mailboxes in the new iRedmail?

Do you mean, xxx@domain.ltd is an alias account, then you want to create a mail user with email address 'xxx@domain.ltd'?
If so, that's impossible.

Postfix will query aliases first, if 'xxx@domain.ltd' exists as an alias account, it won't query from virtual_mailbox_maps (mail user) anymore.

I mean on the previous version it allowed me to create say an alias of webmaster@ which ever domain was in the list (that I created earlier).

This would not be a real mailbox of course!

But then it would be dropped into say admin@mydomain.com which was a real account, I don't see why this wouldn't be possible!

Any suggestions?

I'm so sorry that i don't quite understand you. sad

It is really quite simple:

webmaster@mydomain.com say is an alias of admin@mydomain.com

So you cannot login to webmaster@mydomain, but to a web user sending mail, it would appear that it was a valid email but being sent to admin@mydomain.com

webmaster@mydomain.com is not a login, but sends emails to admin@mydomain.com just basically an alias of admin@mydomain.com

This feature is enabled in iRedMail by default.

Sorry I got to explain it eventually lol.

Where would I go to, to set this up though? Just previously in the old version I had, it was in an nicely configurable web based interface.

How would I do that now?

I don't mind being reffered to another post should there be one of course!

Thank you though, I thought it seemed a bit weird, I am of course using the non paid for version, the free one of iRedmail, if that helps of course.

But where would I go to being able to add aliases to email mailboxes?

Well, i think i finally understood.

You uses PostfixAdmin to add alias domains before, but you can't find it in v0.7.1.
We removed PostfixAdmin from v0.7.1, but you can still install it manually by following this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … QL.Backend

Also, if you have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can manage alias domains in domain profile page:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png

9 (edited by j.smith1981 2011-05-05 00:18:22)

The instructions don't work entirely though!

Every time I try and add a user say: test@mydomain.com, when postfixadmin tries sending out a welcome message I am persistently getting this error:

"May  4 17:11:27 server postfix/smtpd[9422]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.0 <system@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<system@mydomain.com> to=<test@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<www.mydomain.com>"

Every time also I keep getting this error when deleting the user from postfixadmin:

"DEBUG INFORMATION:
Invalid query: Table 'vmail.quota' doesn't exist

Please check the documentation and website for more information.

Postfix Admin
Forums "

This does not clearly work, from your instructions, could you recheck please?

Just the adding of users is a problem though!

Got what I want for now working though!

PostfixAdmin will send a welcome message to newly created users, but it will be failed since iRedMail requires sender login before sending mail.

Here's a patch to fix it:
http://iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/tags/ … lbox.patch

Again, we don't support PostfixAdmin anymore, you have to solve issue yourself, or ask in its mail list/forum:
http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/