Topic: Upgrading 0.6.0 to latest version, and upgrading to PRO.

Hello,

We've been using iredmail for over 2 years now, and I think its time for a upgrade, and since it has been very stable, we are considering going PRO aswell.

I couldnt find a procedure for direct upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7.1, it would be a pain in the ass to upgrade, then again, then again, then again... any easy solution?

About pro: after upgrading all I'd have to do is to install it.

My current version runs under mysql, and I use postfix.admin to manager my accounts. I didnt like ldap back then, so I pick MYSQL, since i've been working with it for ages. works fine.

regards,
Felipe de Campos

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrading 0.6.0 to latest version, and upgrading to PRO.

howit wrote:

I couldnt find a procedure for direct upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7.1, it would be a pain in the ass to upgrade, then again, then again, then again... any easy solution?

Another solution, performing a migration instead of upgrading.

- Exporting mail accounts from old server, then importing to new iRedMail server.
- Copy all mailboxes to new servers.
- Copy SSL keys to new server.

That's all.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
howit wrote:

Another solution, performing a migration instead of upgrading.

- Exporting mail accounts from old server, then importing to new iRedMail server.
- Copy all mailboxes to new servers.
- Copy SSL keys to new server.

That's all.

That's totally possible for me. Since I use virtualization.

Whats the procedure for Exporting and Importing everything back into the new server?

- No need to backup and restore config files, except the ones you modified.
- MySQL databasees: vmail, policyd, roundcubemail, amavisd (if you have). Note: database roundcubemail requires updating by following official upgrade tutorial: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Upgrade

Sorry, I dont get it.

Do you have a tutorial for migration?

scenario:

Server 1: Production, running on 0.6.0

Server 2: New install of 0.7.1 iredOS

my stuff is on server 1, and I need to migrate them to the server2 (mail boxes, messages, etc..)

how?

Sorry, we don't have a detail migration guide available now.

Summary of migration steps:

- Export mysql databases from v0.6.0, then import them on v0.7.1.
- Copy all mailboxes from v0.6.0 to v0.7.1. Make sure maildir of mailboxes are correct.
- Copy SSL keys from v0.6.0 to v0.7.1.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry, we don't have a detail migration guide available now.

Summary of migration steps:

- Export mysql databases from v0.6.0, then import them on v0.7.1.
- Copy all mailboxes from v0.6.0 to v0.7.1. Make sure maildir of mailboxes are correct.
- Copy SSL keys from v0.6.0 to v0.7.1.

alright, I'll give it a try, ill let you know if i have further questions, thanks for the quick reply.

xiexie smile

It would be great if you can write down all steps, then we can write a migration tutorial based on yours. smile

Thanks (xiexie) big_smile