Topic: not all mail arrives... a lot of real mail rejected

Please help...A lot of the mail that comes to the server is rejected....i tried to send some mails from different servers and i got this in the logs:

[root@mail ~]# tail -n 500 /var/log/maillog | grep itsnatty@mail.ru
May 15 02:22:02 mail policyd: rcpt=220, greylist=new, host=194.67.57.10 (f102.mail.ru), from=itsnatty@mail.ru, to=hr@birovits.md, size=1949
May 15 02:22:02 mail postfix/smtpd[12124]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from f102.mail.ru[194.67.57.10]: 450 4.7.1 <hr@birovits.md>: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.; from=<itsnatty@mail.ru> to=<hr@birovits.md> proto=ESMTP helo=<f102.mail.ru>

I have a lot of this and a lot of the managers in the company say that they don't get all their e-mails

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: not all mail arrives... a lot of real mail rejected

That's greylist. It's safe.
Please try to understand how it works.

Is there a way to make it less sensitive because a lot of real mail is rejected.

It will reject mail which arrived first time with 4xx soft bounce code, a normal MTA will retry deliver this mail several minutes later.
Three times later, your mail server will accept this mail and deliver to user's mailbox.

Greylist is spam-killer. Please try to understand it and then decide to enable it or not.

Alternate solution: try to make the interval time shorter. Set in /etc/policyd.conf:

TRIPLET_TIME=1m

1m is 1 minute.

And, you should analytic /var/log/maillog every week/month/whatever, pick up and update the domain names you send mail to or receive from them into policyd whitelist table.