Topic: Mail out = yes, in = nope. New install U10.04LTS

So the script was really slick and simple as last time I did it all by hand.  I sent a test from roundcube (domain.com/mail) and did receive it both at google (gmail) and yahoo mail fine.  On replies, I didn't get a bounce, yet the mail isn't being delivered.

I used the default settings except mysql instead of ldap, so looking for some help as to where to start troubleshooting.

I checked via online tools and the mx records / spf, etc. all pass fine.  A remote telnet shows;

Connected to mail.domain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ip-10-99-67-22.ec2.internal ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)

The only thing I am wondering is the IP.  This is on an amazon ec2 instance, does have an elastic (static) IP assigned which is where the MX records go, so what is the best method for troubleshooting.

Since I am not getting a bounce, I am not sure where to start.

Thanks,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail out = yes, in = nope. New install U10.04LTS

Sent but not received yet? Did you check /var/log/maillog on your server? It could be caused by greylisting.
Reference: http://greylisting.org/

xlancealotx wrote:

220 ip-10-99-67-22.ec2.internal ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)

It is not a good idea to include IP format in server hostname and postfix setting "myhostname" is "ip-10-99-67-22.ec2.internal", because Postfix will send it as HELO identity, and iRedMail will consider this HELO is from a server with dynamic IP address.