==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 15.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: No Error on Email Server
====

This is a very weird problem. iRedMail server is running fine on a Cloud Server. There is no problem with it.

At home, I have a laptop running MacOSX El Capitan and also a Ubuntu laptop.

When I run my python email sending program, it gives me an error

On MacOSX Terminal I get: mail failed; [Errno 61] Connection refused

On Ubuntu Terminal I get: mail failed; [Errno 111] Connection refused

But until yesterday the program was running and able to access iRedMail and send email. Also two different errors

Weird thing is that if I run same python program on a test machine created on amazon or digital ocean, the python program is able to send email using iRedMail SMTP Server.

So the problem is not with iRedMail Server for sure nor with the python program. It seems on home laptops, the connection to iRedMail Server is denied

It is iRedMail - Policy or SpamBlocker ?

Is the blocking related to iRedMail blocking ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail allowing python to send from one computer but not from other

Maybe your client raised some errors/failures, it triggers Fail2ban to block your IP address with iptables.
So please check whether your IP is blocked in iptables:

# iptables -L -n

A simple way to solve it is restarting both iptables and fail2ban services. Or you can remove single (blocked) ip address with iptables command.

Re: iRedMail allowing python to send from one computer but not from other

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Maybe your client raised some errors/failures, it triggers Fail2ban to block your IP address with iptables.
So please check whether your IP is blocked in iptables:

# iptables -L -n

A simple way to solve it is restarting both iptables and fail2ban services. Or you can remove single (blocked) ip address with iptables command.

Thanks so much. You were right. It was IPTables that blocked it. Restarting IPTables and Fail2Ban corrected the problem