==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NginX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I just installed iRedMail today. After some trouble shooting I was able to get thunderbird to connect to the mail server and send email out, but not able to receive. The following email was received by the sender:

<foo@bar.net>: Command time limit exceeded:
    "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"

Final-Recipient: rfc822; foo@bar.net
Original-Recipient: rfc822;foo@bar.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; internal software error

When I click "get message" in thunderbird it would keep trying but cannot get anything. I am able to login with roudecube but it also keeps "loading" forever(and finally gives up with "gateway time out" error).

I use NginX as reverse proxy(in a VM) which simply (along with some standard SSL settings)proxy_pass mails.bar.net to the mail server(in another VM), my router forwards Port 25, 110, 143 and 587 to the mail server.

What am I missing? Thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Stuck on fetching mails

Please check Dovecot log files to find IMAP related error message, and Postfix log files to find SMTP related error message.
We need log to help troubleshoot.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locations.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please check Dovecot log files to find IMAP related error message, and Postfix log files to find SMTP related error message.
We need log to help troubleshoot.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locations.html

Thanks for the reply.

From /var/log/dovecot.log:

Error: fcntl(write-lock) locking failed for file
/mnt/iredmail/vmail1/bar.net/n/o/n/foo-2015.12.20.19.52.59//Maildir/dovecot.index.
log: No locks available

I mount NFS share storage from FreeNAS, it seems to be a file system locking issue. I have done some searching on the internet but nothing really helped. I know it is probably not your responsibility at all but is there any luck that you have dealt with this kind of issues before?

For NFS storage, please read this:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/NFS

Tried some searching and troubleshooting, nothing really worked for me...

Anyway, I unmounted the NFS share and changed mount type to NFS4, rebooted FreeNAS and the mail server. Not sure about which one but something worked. Interestingly the owner of the mounted storage became nobody:nobody instead of uid:gid of the mapped user on FreeNAS, not sure if that was a desired behavior. Might worth mentioning that lockd and statd blocked FreeNAS from rebooting.

It is working so far but I wonder if I can call it a day already.

Thanks for the help!