Topic: Cost for Developing a Specific Feature

Greetings,

I would like a specific feature developed for iRedMail and would like to know if there's a cost I can pay. (If it works out well enough, there's also a high likelihood that we will buy the iRedAdmin Pro.) The ultimate goal is for the software to work well with a completely internationalized email address (IEA), including the local part (username). We would like to use MySQL.

1) Priority. As I described in this previous post, the Admin Panel will not create usernames with non-Latin characters. And this is the feature I'd like developed. Ideally, users could also login to webmail, but honestly functioning SMTP/IMAP/POP connections are sufficient.

2) Also from the previous thread, I think I've been able to compile Postfix 3.0.2 so that it will work. However, if after the iRedMail panel can create non-Latin usernames, my solution still doesn't work, I'd like help compiling the newer version of Postfix, which has SMTP UTF8 support, while maintaining all of the necessary connections between the software for everything to work.

My understanding from reading other documentation is that the current versions of other software used in iRedMail (Dovecot, Amavis, etc) plays well with IEAs. Please let me know the cost to fund developing the first feature and, if necessary, the second.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cost for Developing a Specific Feature

I need your help to finish it:

*) Setup a virtual machine for testing and install the latest iRedMail release.
*) Compiling and install Postfix (3.0+) with full SMTPUTF8 support.
*) Generate a sample IEA domain name and an IEA email address with other tool/script, then insert them into MySQL database.
*) Test whether Postfix and other softwares (Dovecot, Amavisd, etc) are working fine with the sample email address and domain name.

If it works fine, please show me the domain name and email address in both unicode and IDNA format. Maybe i can get it done in iRedAdmin-Pro with your help.

BTW:

*) binary package of Postfix-3.x is not available in Linux distributions which are supported by iRedMail.
*) OpenBSD-5.8 has binary package postfix-3.0.2 with smtp utf8 support, but it doesn't have EAI support, so it doesn't work with IDNA.
*) iRedMail installs postfix-2.x on FreeBSD. But the port 'mail/postfix-current' supports EAI.

I don't know how to do the second part of Step 3:
Generate an IEA email address with other tool/script, then insert them into MySQL database.

Can you provide instructions or a source that explains exactly how to do that?

Try this to generate a IEA mail domain name and email address:

$ python
>>> print u'your_domain.com'.encode('idna')

Replace your_domain.com by the real domain name or email address.

*) To create a mail domain name in SQL database with SQL command line:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> INSERT INTO domain (domain, transport) VALUES ('IDNA_DOMAIN', 'dovecot');

*) To create a mail user in SQL database:

sql> USE vmail;
sql> INSERT INTO mailbox (username, password, maildir, quota, domain, active) VALUES ('IDNA_EMAIL', '{PLAIN}123456', 'domain.com/username/', 'IDNA_DOMAIN', 1);
sql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain, active) VALUES ('IDNA_EMAIL', 'IDNA_EMAIL','IDNA_DOMAIN', 1);

NOTE: You must replace all 'IDNA_DOMAIN' and 'IDNA_EMAIL' by the real ones generated with python command.