Topic: intermittent page error (iredmail+roundcube)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi guys,

my email works fine , suddenly yesterday  i have a problem accessing my webmail outside my network. i tried to troobleshoot, i've tried to restart the iredmail server it goes fine but after few minutes and page error again. i keep on trying and trying to isolate if it is permanent but sometimes page error and there's a time it loads but much more time in page error.   in my network / local connection it always load and no problem at all.

Dont know what is the real problem if it is network related problem why after restarting email server it goes fine and why sometimes it load the page.. any suggestion on how to trace it or how can resolve this intermittent page error on my webmail outside my network... thanks in advance and sorry about my english...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: intermittent page error (iredmail+roundcube)

Hi,

Did you ask a friend to try to connect to your server when you can't from outside? It's important to know if the problem is located from anywhere trying to connect or not.

Also for how long was your server working properly before that? Did you change anything on it recently?

Also you should always update to latest iredmail version. Yours is 0.9.0 and the latest is 0.9.4.

Does it solve the issue if you:

*) Restart iptables service.
*) Stop fail2ban service (temporarily)

4 (edited by bearies 2016-02-21 15:18:53)

Neutro wrote:

Hi,

Did you ask a friend to try to connect to your server when you can't from outside? It's important to know if the problem is located from anywhere trying to connect or not.

Also for how long was your server working properly before that? Did you change anything on it recently?

Also you should always update to latest iredmail version. Yours is 0.9.0 and the latest is 0.9.4.

Yes, the problem occurs anywhere outside our network..
dont know exactly i think its been a year or 8 months since it is working properly.
didnt try to update yet but if the problem still occurs i will ..

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does it solve the issue if you:

*) Restart iptables service.
*) Stop fail2ban service (temporarily)

i will try this Zhang.. and i will give update regarding this procedure.. thank you

6 (edited by bearies 2016-02-22 09:14:56)

Hi zhang, here's what i did. didnt try to restart iptables yet. since it was intermittent page error, i tried to stop fail2ban service during the page error happens.. and the page load immediately after this procedure. i still monitoring it if problem happen again..fail2ban is a process which blocking of ip after so many failure attempt to login?, then why it affects all outside network,  i think in our iredmail server affects all outside network, tried in different isp/ different network accessing webmail.

after stoping fail2ban and monitoring  problem doesnt occur again.