==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

We are trying to install the 2 step verification plug-in duo_auth but keep breaking the system, here are the steps we are taking;

Unpack plug-in to /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.1.4/plugins/duo_auth

Initialize the plug-in by  /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.1.5/config/config.inc.php by editing the following line:

// PLUGINS
$config['plugins'] = array('managesieve', 'password','duo_auth');

Then restart the system.

After restart we get the following error;

CONFIGURATION ERROR
config.inc.php was not found.
Please read the INSTALL instructions!

In tutorials it's mentioned that you should be initializing the plug-in through the "main.inc.php" file but I can't find this anywhere in the iredmail configuration.

Any ideas of what could be going wrong? Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installing Roundcube Plug-ins

sfields wrote:

In tutorials it's mentioned that you should be initializing the plug-in through the "main.inc.php" file but I can't find this anywhere in the iredmail configuration.

It's renamed to 'config.inc.php' in recent Roundcube releases.

Seems your plugin is not working with the latest Roundcube release, i suggest you ask for support from the author of this plugin.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact the developer to see if they have any ideas and will report back if there is a solution.

Just another quick question. I noticed when I make any changes to the config.inc.php it breaks the system. Even when you restore the original config.inc.php I get the following the message:

CONFIGURATION ERROR
config.inc.php was not found.

Is there some kind of time stamp on this file? Do you need to need to remake the file with another command?

Ok,  I solved the issue. The problem was with Linux file permissions. For some reason my SSH client was changing the ownership of the config.inc.php to the root user when the permission needed to belong to www-data.