- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.94
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello guys,

When I try to create a new folder in roundcube i'm getting an error "an error has occured while saving".

I had no problem to do this some time ago so maybe this is related to newest iredmail updates (maybe i've done something wrong while doing them)?

TIA for your help smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot create new folder in roundcube

Please check Roundcube log file to extract related log and paste here, so that others can help troubleshooting.
Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locat … be-webmail

3 (edited by Neutro 2016-03-27 06:02:47)

Re: Cannot create new folder in roundcube

Hi Zhang and thanks for your answer smile

Your page says that roundcube logs is by default logging to postfix log, which is /var/log/mail.log for debian.

But badfully when i try to create a new folder in roundcube, mail.log doesn't show anything more sad

#edit: OK i found out by looking on google that by default roundcube logging is not activated. You have to add this:

$config['debug_level'] = 1;

// Log SQL queries to <log_dir>/sql or to syslog
  $config['sql_debug'] = true;

// Log IMAP conversation to <log_dir>/imap or to syslog
  $config['imap_debug'] = true;

// Log LDAP conversation to <log_dir>/ldap or to syslog
  $config['ldap_debug'] = true;

// Log SMTP conversation to <log_dir>/smtp or to syslog
  $config['smtp_debug'] = true;

But even like that I don't see any errors when I try to create the folder.

I tried to create a new mail account on my server and guess what, folder creation works with no problems. So this issue is only linked to my mail account.

#edit2: OK i found out the solution like a big boy big_smile

I noticed that i had another related bug: when i clicked on one folder to unsubscribe from it, i had this error showing:

https://ah1z.com:4443/owndoge/index.php/apps/files_sharing/ajax/publicpreview.php?x=1920&amp;y=725&amp;a=true&amp;file=roundcube_bug.png&amp;t=M2NY1TL8mQON6SG&amp;scalingup=0

Roundcube log in mail.log (after activating logging in config file) showed only this:

A0003 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2016-03-26 22:37:09]

After looking on google I found out that this "SERVERBUG" refers to a dovecot action. So i checked dovecot-sieve.log in /var/log/ and found this error:

Operation not permitted (egid=2000(vmail), group based on /data/var/vmail/vmail1/mymaildir//Maildir - see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Errors/ChgrpNoPerm)

So i checked permissions on the folder where my vmail dir was stored, and the group permission was defined to root instead of vmail! Which is very suprising since i never changed this permissions since i installed the server and I was able to create folders before then.

So I just did a chown -R vmail:vmail on my mail folder and everything works now smile