1 (edited by ane20397 2017-04-04 19:25:52)

Topic: user profile change logs...

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I installed iRedMail on Centos7.
I change a user from normal user to global admin user from roundcube admin interface. (https://10.10.10.10/iredadmin) How can I see this change on CentOS server? Is there a log for this interaction on CentOS7? In which directory on CentOS server are the user profiles stored?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: user profile change logs...

Did you see the log in iRedAdmin? System -> Admin Log

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you see the log in iRedAdmin? System -> Admin Log

Hello,

I cannot see any logs in "System -> Admin Log -> Edit account profile".

But there are some logs under "System -> Admin Log -> Events".

By the way I want to reach the "Edit account profile" logs on CentOS server not via the roundcube interface.

ane20397 wrote:

I want to reach the "Edit account profile" logs on CentOS server

You mean logging via syslog?
iRedAdmin doesn't use syslog, instead, you can get the log in SQL db ('iredadmin.log').

5 (edited by ane20397 2017-04-13 21:10:41)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ane20397 wrote:

I want to reach the "Edit account profile" logs on CentOS server

You mean logging via syslog?
iRedAdmin doesn't use syslog, instead, you can get the log in SQL db ('iredadmin.log').

Hello Zhang,

Leet me try to clear the case a bit:

I can see some logs from roundcube interface. (https://10.10.10.10/iredadmin) There can be seen the logs under System --> Admin Log --> Events. But there are no logs under System --> Admin --> Edit account profile although I edited the profiles of some users. i.e. I changed some users from normal users to Global admins and I changed some users from global admins to normal users.

Well let's come to my problem: My iRedMail is installed into a CentOS server. I want to see the logs mentioned above in that server too. The logs are stored in /var/log/ directory in that server. If I change the privilege of a user I can see it in /var/log/messages like the log line below:
Apr 12 14:14:23 abcxyz uwsgi[684]: 192.168.10.205 [pid: 718|app: 1|req: 244/281] 172.25.11.111 () {56 vars in 1136 bytes} [Wed Apr 12 14:14:22 2017] GET /iredadmin/profile/user/general/user1@mail.abcxyz.com?msg=UPDATED => generated 13478 bytes in 881 msecs (HTTP/1.1 200) 2 headers in 136 bytes (2 switches on core 0)

There I can see only "UPDATED" word in the log line if I change the profile of a user. How can I see in the logs if I change a user from normal user to global admin. i.e. Let's assume I made "user1" global admin. I want to catch that log line. But if I change a user profile I can only see the word "UPDATED".

Hopefully the details are more clear.

Thanks...

ane20397 wrote:

But there are no logs under System --> Admin --> Edit account profile although I edited the profiles of some users. i.e. I changed some users from normal users to Global admins and I changed some users from global admins to normal users.

This is "bug" of iRedAdmin-Pro, it doesn't track all profile changes. I will try to improve it in future release.

Besides "changed some users from normal users to Global admins" and "changed some users from global admins to normal users.", any other changes you want to log?

Thank you for the answer. I hope that this bug will be solved soon.