Topic: Migrate the iRedmail Pro ?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOs 6.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedAdmin-Pro    v2.2.2 (LDAP)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

we want to migrate the iRedadmin-Pro to our new server because our server will discontinue, i already read the migration from this link http://www.iredmail.org/docs/backup.res … l-accounts

it is same for iredadmin-pro? what is the best step by step to migrate scenario 1 or 2 ?

- install the free iredadmin
- restore from the iredadmin-pro
- upgrade the free iredadmin to iredadmin-pro

- install the free iredadmin
- upgrade the free iredadmin to iredadmin-pro
- restore from the iredadmin-pro

And is it OK for us to install the iredadmin-pro license to the new server for testing the migration ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrate the iRedmail Pro ?

To be clear, iRedAdmin-Pro is a web admin panel to help you manage iRedMail server.

*) You need to migrate mail accounts, mailboxes, and application data stored in SQL db.
*) Yes you can install iRedAdmin-Pro license on new server during and after migration. but you must remove it on old server immediately after switched to new server. Usually the migration phase is short and won't last long, it's acceptable.

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for the reply,

So in my case, which better scenario we use 1 or 2? as i know the LDAP version is not same between the free and pro, am i right?

If something wrong with my migration so i must rebuild the server and doing testing migration again, how long/much the license we can use for this migration server? is it automatically or something?

Regards,

marccel

iRedAdmin-Pro itself doesn't store much data in its own SQL db (till the day i wrote this reply), so you don't need to backup/restore its SQL db at all. Just take care of the iRedMail system, then deploy the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release on new server (which has the latest iRedMail running).

What you need to pay close attention is the SQL structure between currently running iRedMail-0.9.0 and the latest iRedMail-0.9.7.