Topic: Several iRedMail/ iRedAdmin-pro questions

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mariadb
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I have several questions I  hope someone can answer:

1. If I implement the dovecot antispam with sieve, will that work for users of outlook 2013 and newer using activesync?

2. In SOGo vacation there is a field labeled "email addresses" Does anyone know what that does? I cannot find it in any of the docs I looked at.

3. In iRedAdmin-pro is there a way to forward email from user1@example.com to user@otherdomain.com?
I know I can add it directly through sql but I cannot find a way to do it in the admin-pro.

4. Is there a way in iRedAdmin-pro to set global defaults such as enabling self service so that I do not have to remember to do it for every domain?

Regards,

Tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Several iRedMail/ iRedAdmin-pro questions

iredmailtnt wrote:

1. If I implement the dovecot antispam with sieve, will that work for users of outlook 2013 and newer using activesync?

Dovecot antispam works with IMAP clients. If your Outlook is configured to access mailbox via IMAP protocol, then YES. ActiveSync should work too.

iredmailtnt wrote:

3. In iRedAdmin-pro is there a way to forward email from user1@example.com to user@otherdomain.com?

Sure, in user profile page, under tab "Forwarding". Screenshot attached.

iredmailtnt wrote:

4. Is there a way in iRedAdmin-pro to set global defaults such as enabling self service so that I do not have to remember to do it for every domain?

With iRedAdmin-Pro LDAP edition, yes. But it's not yet implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro SQL edition, we will achieve it in future release.

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/user_profile_mail_forwarding.png

Ok, I understand the forwarding thing but I am confused about mail aliases (It would be nice if the header actually said mail alias instead of simply alias.). When I click on All domains/ example.com/ Users/ Aliases I see 3 boxes. One with a dropdown for the domain, one named mail alias, and a third for display name. Underneath that is a list called "who can send email to this list.

No where does it say who will get email sent to that alias? What is the purpose of this page?

Regards,

Tom

Mail alias account is some kind of mail forwarding, or mailing list. Members of mail alias account will receive emails sent to the mail alias account.

"Who can send email to this list" is an access policy to avoid possible spams.

5 (edited by iredmailtnt 2017-08-26 23:24:12)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Mail alias account is some kind of mail forwarding, or mailing list. Members of mail alias account will receive emails sent to the mail alias account.

"Who can send email to this list" is an access policy to avoid possible spams.

Ok, I figured it out. What I found confusing is the fact that there is no destination address on the initial screen. In addition, http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sql.create.mail.alias.html only shows the first screen in iRedAdmin-pro. There is a 2nd screen not shown in the docs that appears After you click save. This screen allows you to set the destination addresses.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Tom