Topic: SOGO installation

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I removed SOGO from my original installation.  Now I want to re install SOGO./.  I see multiple approaches or ways to install.  What is the simplest method of re-installing on Ubuntu?    There are some prelim files that I think are already set up.  Chron files etc.

Is it as simple as one CLI command?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by zaka10 2017-09-26 20:08:32)

Re: SOGO installation

If you have already  added repo sogo,
simple write in console - sudo apt-get install sogo

That is not enough, otherwise I would not have asked.  There are various set up files and directories that need to be configured   i tried  this on one test site and the proxy function prevents apache restarting.   It did seem to work on my currently functioning site.  But I am not sure how to implement its use on the functional site

I want to know too
thanks

A simple way:

- on your server, install SOGo package: sogo, sogo-activesync, sope4.9-gdl1-mysql.
- Setup iRedMail on a new virtual machine (VM), copy file /etc/sogo/sogo.conf and sieve.cred to your server.
- Copy the sieve user from /etc/dovecot/dovecot-master-users from VM to server.
- Create a new sql database "sogo" on server, grant all privileges to "sogo@localhost" with a strong password.
- Update /etc/sogo/sogo.conf to use correct SQL password.
- Copy cron jobs of sogo user from VM to server.

That's it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

A simple way:

- on your server, install SOGo package: sogo, sogo-activesync, sope4.9-gdl1-mysql.
- Setup iRedMail on a new virtual machine (VM), copy file /etc/sogo/sogo.conf and sieve.cred to your server.
- Copy the sieve user from /etc/dovecot/dovecot-master-users from VM to server.
- Create a new sql database "sogo" on server, grant all privileges to "sogo@localhost" with a strong password.
- Update /etc/sogo/sogo.conf to use correct SQL password.
- Copy cron jobs of sogo user from VM to server.

That's it.

Zhang,

Thank you once again. That is what I meant. It is not simply install Sogo. There are a number of additional steps. And I have seen at least 3 or 4 approaches to setting up Sogo.  I did reinstall a brand-new version of IRredMail on a new VM.  It did seem to enable Sogo. But I am not certain how functional it is on the backend. That is why each of these suggestions is important. It will take these under advisement. It will take a few days to validate each of these.

But thank you very much for a more expanded explanation and guidance.   smile

With kind regards,
Philip Lee Miller

OK.  This one fails me.   Too cryptic.   I cannot understand most of these suggestions.   But it again obvious that simply enabling SOGo is not enough.   It does seem to be working.  But not fully functional.   When installing SOGo with iRedMail.sh does that not set all this up?  Including the database?    This needs more explanation which I could not find in the normal iRedMail doc files.

bodywise wrote:

When installing SOGo with iRedMail.sh does that not set all this up?  Including the database?

Choosing to install SOGo during iRedMail installation is enough, iRedMail will set up all required config files, sql database, etc.

Did you notice any error during iRedMail installation?