1 (edited by tomse 2017-10-18 04:25:45)

Topic: changed password in roundcube does not match with sogo

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (maria)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When you change password in roundcube it does not match with sogo login (getting wrong password).

a change in the roundcube/plugin/password/config file
set
$config['password_dovecotpw_method'] = "CRYPT"; (in my case int he sql section of the config file)
would do the trick
Hope this'll get fixed in the next version :-)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: changed password in roundcube does not match with sogo

Do you mean if you change password with Roundcube, you cannot login with the new password in SOGo?

This is expected to be working fine. Could you please try again but with one more extra steps:

- Change password in Roundcube
- Restart memcached service
- Login to SOGo with new password.

SOGo uses memcached as cache server, i guess it's related to the cache.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean if you change password with Roundcube, you cannot login with the new password in SOGo?

This is expected to be working fine. Could you please try again but with one more extra steps:

- Change password in Roundcube
- Restart memcached service
- Login to SOGo with new password.

SOGo uses memcached as cache server, i guess it's related to the cache.

I made the change as described which fixed my problem.
I'll take a look if memcache is installed.
but restarting memcache would be a bad thing to do each time a user changes his/her password in roundcube.

cheers

I forgot to mention that I changed sogo.conf to

userPasswordAlgorithm = ssha512;

I don't remember the default setting, but this was done as you replied in someone else's post with similar problem.

anyway. I changed the plugin/password/config file to once again use BLF-CRYPT, changed the password of a user through roundcube, restarted memcached and tried logging in to sogo.
wrong password..

cheers

tomse wrote:

but restarting memcache would be a bad thing to do each time a user changes his/her password in roundcube.

SOGo keeps the cache for 5 minutes by default (with parameter "SOGoCacheCleanupInterval = 300;" in sogo.conf, it's default value if you don't have this parameter), so after (up to) 5 minutes, SOGo will see the new password.
FYI: https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html (Search "SOGoCacheCleanupInterval")

tomse wrote:

anyway. I changed the plugin/password/config file to once again use BLF-CRYPT, changed the password of a user through roundcube, restarted memcached and tried logging in to sogo.

According to SOGo document, SOGo doesn't support BCRYPT.

FYI: https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html (Search "userPasswordAlgorithm")
Quote:

Possible values are: none, plain, crypt, md5, md5-crypt, sha256-crypt and sha512-crypt, smd5, cram-md5 and sha, sha256, sha512 and its ssha (e.g. ssha or ssha256) variants (plus setting of the encoding with .b64 or .hex).

Please, please, please help submit a bug report to SOGo team, ask them to implement BCRYPT:
https://sogo.nu/bugs/