1 (edited by srd2010 2017-11-02 01:58:48)

Topic: Autoreply / Vacation Plugin (Dovevot) and Alias Domains

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
====

Hi,

we're using alias Domains for a client. The client wants to setup an autoreply / Vacation Info within roundcube (which works).

The autoreply is only sent to the main e-mail address but ot the alias.

Sieves gives the following error message (real address removed for forum):
discarding vacation response for implicitly delivered message; no known (envelope) recipient address found in message headers (recipient=<example@aliasdomain.com>, and no additional `:addresses' are specified)

I've searched the forum but could not find a valid answer to solve this.

Thanks,
Frank

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Autoreply / Vacation Plugin (Dovevot) and Alias Domains

Try this: Login to roundcube, then click "Settings -> Vacation -> Advanced settings", in "My email addresses" field, input your alias email address.

3 (edited by srd2010 2017-11-11 23:13:32)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this: Login to roundcube, then click "Settings -> Vacation -> Advanced settings", in "My email addresses" field, input your alias email address.

Hi Zhang,

i know this.
But it's not a good solution in my view, as customer needs to activly enter the email adresses to reply for.

I'ld expect the mail server to automatically detect that it's just an alias and use the settings form the main account.
We're looking for a solution that does not require the user to enter all the aliases this applies to.

*) Sieve filter doesn't do SQL query.
*) Roundcube managesieve plugin doesn't do SQL query.

I guess the possible way to solve it is improving Roundcube managesieve plugin to handle this.