1 (edited by kiwichrish 2017-11-13 17:15:38)

Topic: Error from delete_mailboxes.py

Hi-ho,

I've just started using iRedMail as replacement for manually configured cyrus/postfix mess and I've come up with an error Mr Google didn't find for me. :-)

I originally created a test sub-domain (testmx.xxx.org.nz) and tested email against that to postmaster@testmx.xxx.org.nz. After a couple of days I pointed the MX for xxx.org.nz at the server.

When I deleted the postmaster@testmx.xxx.org.nz user and testmx.xxx.org.nz domain I selected the option to delete in 1 day.  (after I'd created another admin user on the root domain!)

Now I'm getting an email every hour from the cron job that calls delete_mailboxes.py.

Per:
------ Snip ------
* Delete old mailboxes (1 in total).
* <<< ERROR >>> Cannot convert timestamp in maildir path (/var/vmail/vmail1/testmx.xxx.org.nz/p/o/s/postmaster/), skip.
------ Snip ------

I'm very familiar Postfix but not dovecot so before I started poking around I thought I'd ask on the forums to see if this is an iredmail issue or something dovecot-ish.

Cheers, Chris H.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error from delete_mailboxes.py

Run it with '--delete-without-timestamp':

cd /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/
python delete_mailboxes.py --delete-without-timestamp

3 (edited by kiwichrish 2017-11-15 07:10:18)

Re: Error from delete_mailboxes.py

Thanks for that, that worked fine:

----snip----
* Delete old mailboxes (1 in total).
* Deleted mailbox (postmaster@testmx.xxx.org.nz): /var/vmail/vmail1/testmx.nzart.org.nz/p/o/s/postmaster/. Account was deleted at 2017-11-08 10:42:27. Mailbox was scheduled to be removed on 2017-11-09.
----snip----

This appears to be just an issue with that initial admin account, as all of the subsequent mailboxes in /var/vmail1 have timestamps in the dir names, and other mailboxes I've deleted have been cleaned up correctly.

Cheers, Chris H.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Run it with '--delete-without-timestamp':

cd /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/
python delete_mailboxes.py --delete-without-timestamp