Topic: Cannot Login to roundcube. Connection to storage server failed.

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  iRedMail-0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu server 16.04.3 64bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No

Hey guys, I'm experimenting with running an email server. I set up a fresh vm in esxi and followed this guide https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/u … stallation

When I get to the login to roundcube step I get the following error: Connection to storage server failed.

/var/log/mail.log
mail roundcube: <ermiujl3> IMAP Error: Login failed for postmaster@*******.com from 10.0.0.2. LOGIN: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.0/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 196 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

/var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
mail dovecot: imap: Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.

Thanks in advance for any advice big_smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot Login to roundcube. Connection to storage server failed.

Found the issue:

Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 48: ssl_key: Can't open file /etc/ssl/private/iRedMail.key: Permission denied

3 (edited by alex.pine84 2017-11-28 02:33:04)

I tried changing ownership to dovecot, vmail and nobody.
I changed permissions to 0777.
I tried adding dovecot, vmail and postfix to ssl-cert group.
Still same error so I just disabled SSL and allowed plaintext in dovecot.conf
Perhaps ired mail should remove ubuntu from it's supported OS list?

Still Cannot login to roundcube, f**k this I'm out! Thanks for wasting hours of my time.

alex.pine84 wrote:

Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 48: ssl_key: Can't open file /etc/ssl/private/iRedMail.key: Permission denied

I guess you forget to check file owner/permission of its parent directory "/etc/ssl/private/".