Topic: Dovecot zlib

I installed iRedmail recently. Everything is working fine except the Dovecot zlib compression. I tried the settings from Dovecot website but it seems that settings are not accepted. I enabled debug on Dovecot and the log doesn't show zlib plugin is loaded:

Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib01_acl_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib02_imap_acl_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib10_quota_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib15_notify_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so
Nov 25 16:14:15 mail dovecot: imap(postmaster@ab.cd): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_mailbox_alias_plugin.so

I restarted Dovecot few times but nothing changed. When email message is compressed Roundcube could not read it - it shows on the list but is empty.

Iredmail: 0.9.7 PGSQL edition.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Dovecot zlib

I managed to fix the issue. The problem was that I added the setting to the end of the file

# Enable zlib plugin globally for reading/writing:
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins zlib

When I added zlib to the rest of the plugins now everything is OK

mail_plugins = quota mailbox_alias acl mail_log notify zlib