Topic: Constant state of dovecot index and cache errors - Invalid Argument

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 16.04 in unraid 6 QEMU vm and virtio 9p2000 file system to the unraid share located on the same machine.
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? N
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm getting a constant stream of dovecot imap errors. I've tried deleting pretty much every dovecot* file in all the mailboxes but the owner of these account still cannot send mail. The Thunderbird error is something about not being able to log in but all the logs show successful connections but TONS of these dovecot errors. She was unable to send and receive yesterday with one of the accounts. I cleared the indexes and caches, but it only started working again upon reboot. That isn't working today. What's up?

Nov 30 20:42:25 mx dovecot: imap(email1@email.xxx): Error: Failed to fix view for /shares/email/vmail/vmail1/path/t/o/email//Maildir/dovecot.index: Missing middle file seq=2139 (between 2139..2139)
Nov 30 20:42:42 mx dovecot: imap(email2@email.xxx): Error: mmap() failed with file /shares/email/vmail/vmail1/path/t/o/email//Maildir/.Drafts/dovecot.index.cache: Invalid argument
Nov 30 20:42:53 mx dovecot: imap(email2@email.xxx): Error: /shares/email/vmail/vmail1/path/t/o/email//Maildir/dovecot.index reset, view is now inconsistent
Nov 30 20:55:49 mx dovecot: imap(email3@email.xxx): Error: mmap() failed with file /shares/email/vmail/vmail1/path/t/o/email//Maildir/dovecot.index.log: Invalid argument

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Constant state of dovecot index and cache errors - Invalid Argument

*) Not sure whether it's an issue/bug of qemu+virtio.
*) Is the mail server very busy?
*) How much memory does the server have?