Topic: LDAP groups

Hello.

I am trying the LDAP version. I joined LDAP using LDAPAdmin. I created an organizationalUnit and some posixGroup in it.

How do I add my mailboxes to these groups? (standard iRedMail tree)
mail=mail@server1.com,ou=Users,Domain=server1.com,o=domains,dc=ldap,dc=server,dc=com

into the group (created new):

cn=server1,ou=sites,dc=ldap,dc=server,dc=com

I do not do it in any way. I want to have it in groups because I want to try signing in with email accounts on other sites.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP groups

janci.kuna wrote:

I want to have it in groups because I want to try signing in with email accounts on other sites.

The flexibility of LDAP is you can query with flexible LDAP filter, i GUESS you don't need these posixGroup groups at all, but just use default iRedMail groups and use a proper ldap filter to get the result you expect.

It will be better if you can clearly explain how to use (how you want to use) your posixGroup, then we may be able to give you some hint.

Iredmail will manage 5 - 6 domains with maybe 100 -200 emails.

Example 1. Onlyoffice EE - I only need to add some users to the portal (maybe 2 from domain1, 10 from domain 2, 5 from domain 3
Example 2 Other OO EE - I need to add multiple users from each domain.
Example 3. 1. WordPress site: I need to add 5 users from domain 1, 2 users from domain2
Example 4. 2. WP cluster: I need to add 1 user from domains 1 and 5 from domain 3

I do not know how. I created groups: OO1, OO2, WP1, WP2, WP3, ... But I can not add users to these groups. The system does not find them. Only those I have manually created (with phpldapadmin) and are saved in another group.

I want to go to iredAdmin Pro over time, but I need to test that everything works at 100% :-).

Let's say we use 'onlyoffice' for service OnlyOffice, and 'wordpress' for Wordpress.

For users you want to grant access to onlyoffice, just add new value to "enabledService" LDAP attribute of the user object. e.g.:

enabledService=onlyoffice

Then in OnlyOffice config file, use a proper ldap filter with condition "enabledService=onlyoffice". e.g.

(&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=onlyoffice))