Topic: MarkasJunk2

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I"m still having spam trouble.  Junk Folder is not being scanned because I'm getting repeated junk.

I wanted to install Amacube but found that it's not supported any longer.  I recently located this article about MarkasJunk2.  Is this something I can install in my existing setup to improve the spam filter?  It says it's still in Draft and should not be used in a production server.  I'm desperate and willing to try anything to stop the junk. 

https://docs.iredmail.org/store.spamass … n.sql.html

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: MarkasJunk2

I went ahead and installed this plugin.  During the install everything went well including seeing the items in the MySQL database increase in number after manual sa-learn was run.  However, I'm still getting the same spam in my inbox.  I don't understand why I can't stop this very obvious spam from hitting my inbox.

qwazi wrote:

However, I'm still getting the same spam in my inbox.  I don't understand why I can't stop this very obvious spam from hitting my inbox.

Spam learning is not learning one and apply what it learn from first email to second email, it needs to learn about at least 200 emails (if i remember correctly) to ensure the accuracy.

Hi Zhang,

Yes, I understand that.  But when I query the SQL database now, it have over 100,000 examples of spam.  There are multiple emails of the same type in that database and I keep receiving more.  One example, "Buy Eugenix" is an ad that always has the word Eugenix in it.  It always comes from a different mail server and the message is always a bit different but it's always about Eugenix.  I would think the filter would learn that word but I keep receiving.

1: Try to run 'sa-learn' with debug option to see how it works.
2: Turn on debug mode in Amavisd to see how auto-learning works.

also, fyi: http://faisal.com/docs/salearn.html